There are always full of Banff events and festivals lining-up year around in Banff National Park, such as Banff Snowdays in winter, Bike Fest in Summer, Banff Mountain Film Festival in Fall,etc.
The next coming Banff Snowdays (Jan 10 - Feb 9, 2014) is a month-long celebration of
winter with jammed-pack of events and activities. You won't want to miss.
Banff Events Special Offers during Snowdays
If you are ski lover, Lake Louise Ski Resort has the following special offers during Banff Snowdays:
1. Children under 12 years old ski FREE on Jan 17th & 18th,
2. Discover Ski & Snowboard Lessons
3. Toonie Day at Mt. Norquay
1. Fairmount Banff Springs Hotel offers celebrating Banff Snowdays: 25% off for 1 night, 30% off for 2 nights, 45% off for 3 or more nights. Plus 20% off treatments at Willow Stream Spa, food and beverage, bowing, winter equipment rentals. Valid from Jan 10 to Feb 8, 2015, Please click here for the detailed Snowdays offer.... If you want to know other special offers from Fairmount Banff Springs, please check out here for other special offers.
or, you can contact Banff Springs at
2. Lake Louise Inn offers Snowdays special pricing start from $149. The inn also has other special offers. Please click here for details...
or, you can contact the Inn at
Note: We will update the special offers for every Banff events and festivals. Please book mark this page and come back for further special offers.
The annual festival Snowdays takes place in Banff Downtown Skating Rink, Banff Avenue Square and Central Park.
There are different new special events added to Banff Snowdays each year.
The following three exiting new events are added this year which you
do not want to miss.
International Ice Carving Competition: Jan
16 – 18, 2015
- Watch in amazement as Internationally renowned professional ice carvers work to sculpt towering one-of-a-kind works of art from blocks of solid ice on the shores of Lake Louise. Come to see the piece of art - “Freeze Olympic Fever!”.
Little Chippers Weekend: Jan 24 –
25, 2015 at Samson Mall
- Little Chppers is full of activities for kids. Your kids and you can learn the art and science of ice carving first hand with blocks and carving tools on hand.
The Canadian Rockies becomes a mecca for ice climbers
during a full weekend of activities celebrating the sport of ice climbing. It takes place at Banff Avenue Square.
Chateau Lake Louise organize Pond Hockey Tournament on Lake Louise at weekend after family day every year. It would be Feb 21-22 of this year (2015). Everyone can join the tournament. There are lots locals form their own team and pay $1000 per team to join it.
There are 24 teams this year (2015).
Should you spend whole day just watch or participate the festivals?
No, you do not have to. There are lots activities you can pair with the festival, such as skate, skiing, snowshoeing, dog-sledding, etc.
Sometimes, we skate with the Ice Queen through her
life-sized ice castle on Lake Louise. You also can bring your hockey gear to play on the hockey rink at Lake Louise.
Sometimes, we toboggan and skate at Spray Meadows Hill and Ice Rink at behind of Banff Springs Hotel. When you feel cold, there is a fire-pit by the ice rink waiting for you to warm-up. We love this place as we can stay the same place to watch kids to do different activities – skating and tobogganing.
We will always update and add new coming special Banff Events in our site. To ensure you won't miss anything, please book mark this page and come back to check-out.
If you want to know the detail full schedule of the event, please book mark this page and come back in October to check out.
If you want to know further coming Banff events, check here to find out.